Chocolate hobnobs have been a favourite of mine for a long time now. Something about them being oaty always made me feel like I was choosing the healthier option over a digestive (disclaimer- I wasn’t). However, they were still definitely worth it!
So with them being a firm favourite I decided to try and make my own. I was so pleased with the results I felt I had no choice but to share the recipe with you!
CHOCOLATE HOBNOBS (OAT COOKIES)
125g unsalted butter
80g brown sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
100g quick oats
100g wholemeal flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ – 1 tsp sea salt, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) and line a few trays with baking paper.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until pale and smooth.
3. Add the golden syrup and beat until it’s incorporated.
On a low speed, mix in the oats, flour, soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Roll small tablespoons of dough into balls and flatten on the tray, until they are about 2 inches in diameter. Leave room between the cookies for spreading.
5. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool on trays.
6. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
7. Spoon a teaspoon of chocolate onto the underside of each cookie and spread out evenly. Allow to set before enjoying/dunking into tea. Makes 20 hobnobs