This simple recipe is a great way to change up how you have your eggs in the morning. They’re as delicious to eat as they are appealing to look at, with whole creamy yolks and a cloud of egg whites baked to perfection. Switch up the recipe and add even more flavour by including some of your favourite ingredients to the beaten egg whites before baking. Cooked bacon or sausage pieces,cheese and fresh herbs all work eggcellently.
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- (Optional) extras of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate the eggs, being careful to keep the egg yolks whole. Put the egg whites in a clean bowl and beat with a stand mixer or handheld mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form that hold their shape when the beater is lifted. At this point you can add any additional ingredients you wish to include.
- Scoop the egg white mixture onto the prepared baking sheet in 2 mounds. Using the back of a spoon, create a small well in the center of each mound. Carefully place an egg yolk in each well.
- For creamy yolks, bake for 14 to 16 minutes, until the yolks have set and the whites are light golden brown. For runny yolks, remove from the oven after 8 to 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.